Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Breakfast of a Blogger: Pumped up Pumpkin Overnight Oats and Homemade Soy Misto

I was nervous to dabble into overnight oats for some reason but I am so glad I did!! Today's batch was pumped up with pumpkin and paired with a "soy misto" (homemade of course)
I wasn't too sure what I would be in the mood for this morning so I made these when I woke up and let them sit while I did some college stuff (about 2 hrs).

It seems so silly to post step by step instructions but I like pictures so I am gonna do it anyways ;) hehehe
Add 1/3 cup of oats to a small bowl (or tea cup...)

 then add 2/3 cup of milk, I used Almond Breeze for the nutty (and delicious) flavor

Has anyone ever seen this Almond Breeze? Normally I use the one that comes in a box but they have this kind in the refrigerator section! I think it tastes different...

add 1/3 cup of canned pumpkin

and a dollop of peanut butter


Then stir stir stir....

Topped with lots of cinnamon, nutmeg and a teaspoon of raw sugar
stir that in as well

Then cover and let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (2 hrs was perfect though!)

I made a little parfait in a martini glass 

PPOO (pumped-up pumpkin overnight oats)
Now for the layering...

Sprinkle of Fiber One cereal and some Maple Syrup (sugar free)

PPOO

Fiber one cereal



Rest of the PPOO then cereal and syrup

Now for the misto! This fancy tool makes frothy milk out of anything...
including Almond Breeze!

I used this much milk

gave it a whirl

and end up with this much milk all frothed up

Add in a handful of ice

And pour pre-made coffee into cup (or jar) Dunkin Donuts is a family favorite brewed with a teaspoon of cinnamon

sprinkle with cinnamon if your feeling extra fancy and enjoy!

Couldn't have asked for a better breakfast! 

Guess What?! I passed my EMT final! Now I just have to take the State Test on Thursday and I will be certified in my lovely state. I'm thinking of taking the National Certification, anyone take it? Is it hard?!

With love and cupcakes,
CookTeen

In the Mix:
1/3 cup oats
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup pureed pumpkin
spoonful of peanut butter
1/2 banana sliced thinly
Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Raw Sugar

Layered with:
Fiber One Cereal
Sugar-Free Maple Syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails